Pillay R Group of Companies
Req ID: PG-HOS-003
Location Name: Pillay R Group of Companies
Category: SOUS CHEF
Type: Contract for 2 years; extension based on mutual agreement
# Openings: 2
About Pillay R Group of Companies
One of the leading Multi diversified business group units in Seychelles operating in different segments of Business operations which includes Forex; Retail chains (IT, Electronics & Home Appliance, Supermarkets); Wholesales (FMCG); Construction; Hospitality; Manufacturing; Travel; Service & Investments
The Sous Chef is in charge of all staff and ordering issues in the kitchen. He is responsible for the smooth operation of kitchen during the Operating Hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- To assist RGM / RM in any task concerning the smooth running of the kitchen.
- To supervise and control daily market list.
- To coordinate and control: reception of fresh food deliveries/ organisation of kitchen food transports ensuring respect of time schedule, precision of orders, hygiene / collection of data from all chefs in order to perform daily market list and send info to store clerk / collection of food items from store and correct delivery of outlets.
- To control daily store issue requisitions and follow up with the store in case of any missing item.
- To present new product and price opportunities to RGM / RM.
- To perform and control in collaboration with chefs the monthly duty roster and ensure correct information.
- To act as “the human resource manager” of the kitchen: controlling, counseling, coaching, motivating, and punishing if necessary.
- To strictly control respect of shifts, times, breaks and roasters of kitchen staff, as well as a correct follow up of all local leave, sick leave and attendance reports, in accordance with labor laws of Seychelles.
- To supervise all transport and uniform issues that concern kitchen department.
- To inspect daily all chillers and refrigerators in order to ensure correct use of food items and respect of hygiene rules.
- To control hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen department in collaboration with all chefs.
- To organize correct dispatching of written information of interest for all chefs.
- To implement and check daily log books in collaboration with chefs.
- To closely overlook quality in heritage, and always seek feedback.
- To write down and help chefs to input all recipes in software.
- Any other matter as per RGM / RM & Chef’s request.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
The Key Results Areas for this position are:
- Quality standards in all areas of Kitchen
- Expenditure control performance.
- Staff Management and development
These KRAs will be appraised using the following indicators:
- Quality of food Audit Reports
- Level of Guest Satisfaction as indicated by feedback obtained from guests through guest questionnaires.
- Revenue budget performance reports.
- Expenditure budget performance reports for departments falling under her responsibility
- Staff turnover and absenteeism levels, Staff productivity report, no of hours training dispensed
Education and Experience
Should have knowledge of Asian Cuisine(Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai & Indian)
- Should have minimum of 6+ years of experience in hotel & fine dining restaurants.
- Should be Graduate in Hotel Management or Diploma in Catering.
- Should be able manage the entire production team of chefs.
- Prior experience in abroad will be an added advantage.
Salary Commensurate on Experience