Pillay R Group of Companies
Req ID: PG-RET-002
Location Name: Pillay R Group of Companies
Category: Service Engineers (Electronics and Home Appliance / IT)
Type: Contract for 2 years; extension based on mutual agreement
# Openings: 4
About Pillay R Group of Companies
One of the leading Multi diversified business group units in Seychelles operating in different segments of Business operations which includes Forex; Retail chains (IT, Electronics & Home Appliance, Supermarkets); Wholesales (FMCG); Construction; Hospitality; Manufacturing; Travel; Service & Investments
Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications, calibration, validation and installation support on various IT products and electronic and home appliance units. Interact with customers on a daily basis and complete associated administrative tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform preventive and corrective maintenance as required on and related product lines. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment
2. Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
3. Service customers by providing PMA performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform minor installations as required.
4. Perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion. This includes, but is not limited to: plan daily and weekly schedule to achieve optimum utilization and communicating schedule changes to the Customer Operations Department daily; computer synchronization daily; complete service reports and activities on- site, maintain on-site Customer Service Logs/Total Maintenance Care books according to procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels as required.
5. Maintain a strong working relationship with the Unit Manager, advising activity/changes related to sales opportunities in assigned territory.
6. Develop and maintain effective, communicative relationships with customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Communicate activities to customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure customer’s expectations of service are exceeded. Actively seek continuing education opportunities.
7. Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance. Provide on-site support to the sales organization, limited to identifying opportunities, sizing, and utility requirements.
8. Maintains courteous, smart and professional demeanor when working with customers, management, and fellow employees. Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
9. Other duties as assigned.
ITI or Diploma in Electronic and Telecommunication for home appliance and ITI or Diploma in Computer Science for IT product.
6 – 8 years work experience in Electronic and Home appliance / IT repair and Maintenance.
Computer literate, including M/S office applications and general engineering software packages.
Salary Commensurate on Experience