Retail Sales Manager / Shop Manager
Pillay R Group of Companies
Req ID: PG-RET-001
Location Name: Pillay R Group of Companies
Category: Retail Sales Manager / Shop Manager
Type: Contract for 2 years; extension based on mutual agreement
# Openings: 5
About Pillay R Group of Companies
One of the leading Multi diversified business group units in Seychelles operating in different segments of Business operations which includes Forex; Retail chains (IT, Electronics & Home Appliance, Supermarkets); Wholesales (FMCG); Construction; Hospitality; Manufacturing; Travel; Service & Investments
Pillay R Group of companies is one of the leading retail chain outlets in Seychelles. We offer our customers the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We’re looking for exceptional retail Manager or Shop Manager to provide outstanding customer service, develop strong customer relationships and build individual sales volume.
From attentive retail Manager or Shop Manager to meticulous and innovative merchandisers, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer.
Essential Functions of Job
- Set and achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise and invite them to upcoming promotional events
- Consistently seek new fashion and product knowledge to act as an expert for the customer
- Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible
- Managing the local and external purchase.
- Overall incharge of the retail outlet and preparing daily and monthly sales, stock and other related report as per the Management requirement.
- Managing the in-house staff and training in retail outlet business.
Education and Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required with minimum of 4 – 5 years of work experience in retail chain of outlets or Big Hypermarkets
Degree in any field or intermediate
Equipment and Applications
PCs, word processing, spreadsheets and retail outlet software
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in our environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about home furnishings preferred
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide own transportation to and from customer’s homes.
Salary Commensurate on Experience