Pillay R Group of Companies; Seychelles
Req ID: PG-CON-002
Location Name: Ascent Project; Seychelles
Category: Project Managers
Type: Contract for 2 years; extension based on mutual agreement
# Openings: 4
About Pillay R Group of Companies
One of the leading Multi diversified business group units in Seychelles operating in different segments of Business operations which includes Forex; Retail chains (IT, Electronics & Home Appliance, Supermarkets); Wholesales (FMCG); Construction; Hospitality; Manufacturing; Travel; Service & Investments
Manage and administer the construction and delivery of company’s MEP projects (HVAC / Electrical / Plumbing) in terms of completion of the works at site, in accordance with the contract documents, proper documentation, finalization of financial accounts and achievement of the budget profit, whilst developing relationships with the client and also developing a professional team to work under limited supervision.
• To act as the project team leader controlling all aspects of the MEP works including planning, administration, commercial, engineering, documentation and handover to the client.
• Delegate work to the project team and monitor the progress to completion.
• Ensure the works comply with the contract documents including drawings and specifications.
• Ensure that the works are completed on time, notifying the client of any delays and valuing the costs associated with the delays, with QS coordination.
• Prepare both progress and financial management reports throughout the project.
• Maintain good relationships with the client and develop a professional team to establish the company (BEC) as the contractor of choice.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Develop and administer the project estimate (budget) and control expenditure to ensure the budget profit is achieved. Create opportunities to improve profitability.
• Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of projects with the team.
• Initiate the project plan and review of progress against set targets.
• Evaluate & Control the value engineering, design, supplier and material selection.
• Ensure that the works are installed to the specifications, quality and other requirements detailed in the contract documents.
• Monitor progress of all aspects of the work to ensure completion on time. Notify the client of any delays to the works.
• Make regular applications for payment and collects cash to achieve positive cash flow.
• Review designs issued by the consultants to ensure they are suitable and adequate. Review and resolves any anomalies prior to starting of work.
• Responsible for MEP Coordination & organize MEP coordination meetings with all Engineers.
• Ensure that the works are undertaken in a safe manner utilizing a project specific safety plan.
Desired Candidate Profile
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR THE INCUMBENT:
• Have through knowledge of MEP installation and has demonstrated project management skills with the ability to work as the head of a team of engineers and tradesmen.
• Detailed engineering and construction process knowledge in air conditioning, electrical, fire fighting and plumbing services for commercial, residential, high rise & other buildings.
• Excellent communication skills (written / spoken)
• Planning – ability to work in a structured manner and prioritize requirements.
• Knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices (preferred background, but not mandatory)
• Knowledge of commercial and quantity surveying standards and practices
- • Computer skill – particularly in MS office. Auto cad
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR THE INCUMBENT:
• Candidate must be B E in Civil Engineering with 10-12 years of relevant experience in MEP industry for Project Engineers and 6 – 8 years experience for Civil Engineer
Salary Commensurate on Experience