Chef De Partie
Pillay R Group of Companies
Req ID: PG-HOS-002
Location Name: Pillay R Group of Companies
Category: CHEF DE PARTIE
Type: Contract for 2 years; extension based on mutual agreement
# Openings: 2
About Pillay R Group of Companies
One of the leading Multi diversified business group units in Seychelles operating in different segments of Business operations which includes Forex; Retail chains (IT, Electronics & Home Appliance, Supermarkets); Wholesales (FMCG); Construction; Hospitality; Manufacturing; Travel; Service & Investments
The Chef de Partie assists the Sous Chef to lead, manage and organize all requirements for his respective Kitchen to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as emanated by the RGM / RM. Ensures proper sanitation in the kitchen under his jurisdiction, adequate stocks of food & beverage, inter – department coordination and training. Carries full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels.
Ensures to maintain the food cost at all times.
Ensures and enforces the set service standard procedures by directing, supervising and motivating staff to perform to the highest level of service.
Communicates with guest and shares feed back with Chefs and Management to ensure high levels of food and service quality and guest satisfaction are maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks out side the scope of work described.
- Help with the Lunch / Dinner / Buffet M.E.P.
- Check the clearing of M.E.P and store all left over in the refrigerator.
- Keep your working place tidy, clean and sanitize.
- After cooking each dish working area must be kept clean.
- Cover all dishes with foil or film paper before entering the Chiller to avoid bacteria.
- Help the Sous Chef when asked to do so.
- Prepare food as per order given by Sous Chef.
- Supervise and train all kitchen staff in their daily duties.
- Ensure the kitchen is generally clean and tidy before departing.
- Keep working place tidy, clean and sanitized.
- At the end of shift ensure the equipment used is cleaned and in good working condition and reports any malfunction to the Chef’s office.
- Help other cook in any department when asked to do so.
- Clear all unused M.E.P in a clean container, cover it with foil or film paper and store in its specific place.
- Ensure completion of M.E.P before service.
- Assists in the preparation and/or prepare food items as per order given by Sous Chef, Chef de Partie to fulfill guest request.
- Produce dishes as per recipes, photos and set standards.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report and/or rectify safety hazards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management
KEY RESULTS AREAS
The Key Results Areas for this position are:
- General attitude at work
- Cleanliness of working environment
These KRAs will be appraised using the following indicators:
- Quality of work
- Feedback from colleagues
Education and Experience
Should have knowledge of Asian Cuisine(Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai & Indian)
- Should have minimum of 6+ years of experience in hotel & fine dining restaurants.
- Should be Graduate in Hotel Management or Diploma in Catering.
- Should be able manage the entire production team of chefs.
- Prior experience in abroad will be an added advantage.
Salary Commensurate on Experience